[cisco-voip] best way to route call between 2 CUCMs

Michael Hamann mail at mhamann.net
Mon Feb 9 17:08:16 EST 2015

Hello,

we support a company with severel sub organisations. We have a large
CUCM cluster (Ver 9.1), which provided telephony for most of the users.
Now one unit is building up a seperate smal CUCM (Ver 10.x). Both units
networks are seperated through a firewall, no overlapping subnets. The
firewall is supported by us, so we could add additional firewall rules..

Call between these units should be routed via IP and not via a
back-to-back ISDN gateway. What would be the best and easiest way to
configure this ?

- SIP trunk between the two CUCM with "media termination point required"
set to true ?
- H323 Intercluster trunk ?

or do we need an ISR with cube to do this ?

thank you for your advice...

kind regards
Michael