[cisco-voip] adding Cisco 1040 Sensor/probe to Prime Collab Assurance?

James Conyers James.Conyers at du.edu
Mon Feb 9 17:50:56 EST 2015

Hi folks,
I am having trouble adding a couple Cisco 1040 sensors into Prime Collaboration Assurance. Has anyone been able to do this successfully?
My tftp server is my call manager (9.1.2.10000-28) and Prime Collab (10.6.0.58162) is on the same network as the call manager.
I have followed the guide (here<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10-6/assurance/advanced/guide/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance_Guide_Advanced_10_6/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance_Guide_Advanced_10_6_appendix_0100011.pdf>) to a T but the sensors still do not register with Prime Collab. They state that they are still "waiting...".
The switchports and span/monitoring ports are setup correctly on our switch. I cannot log into Prime Collab as root because that account is disabled on the Prime Collab 10.6.0.58162 version by default, so I cannot verify that the image file is actually loaded onto Prime Collab. I also cannot dump the image file from a TFTP program onto the Prime Collab server, because I need the root access to do so.
The 1040 sensor gets the default configuration from my call manager successfully and says "Retrieve 'QOVDefault.CNF' from [call manager IP] successfully" but it fails in retrieving the configuration file name named with the last 6 digits of the MAC address from the call manager. It says: "Unable to retrieve QOV00211B[last 6 digits of MAC].CNF from [call manager ip]."
I have tried restarting the TFTP service on my call manager. I have tried deleting and re-adding the sensor into prime but with no success.
Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
James

James Conyers
Network and Video Collaboration Engineer