[cisco-voip] 7942 strange answering issue

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:45:52 EST 2015

I'm interested in this issue, and I don't see how the g711 codec, in and of
itself, could cause an issue like the one described.  The only thing I can
think of is that it was causing a transcoder to be invoked and there's
actually an issue with the transcoder invocation.  For example, if the H323
GW in CUCM did not have a transcoding resource available, being that it was
the g711 side.

Is the H323 GW remote over the WAN to the IP Phone?  Is that why you're
using g729?