[cisco-voip] 7942 strange answering issue

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 12 13:20:58 EST 2015

To close the loop on this, absolutely none of the information I originally
provided was relevant in the end.

We had a hard time nailing down the customer as to when the behavior
occurred. We finally tracked it down to inbound PSTN calls.

On an old H.323 gateway which was handling the inbound traffic, we found
the preference 1 dial-peer had a 'codec g711ulaw' on it when it should have
been forcing g729r8. The pref 2 & 3 dial-peers were configured correctly.

This was causing some sort of race condition with the skinny call
signalling to the phone.

Updating the dial-peer fixed it immediately.

Thanks to all of you who helped with this!

Dave Wolgast
Livonia, NY