[cisco-voip] DX70/80 thoughts?

Heim, Dennis Dennis.Heim at wwt.com
Fri Feb 13 11:35:35 EST 2015

I find the device to overall be nice. However, there are a few things that limit it from becoming totally persuasive from an adoption perspective:

1.       SIP URI click to call opens an email. From working with TAC this is an Android feature.

2.       No screen sharing in Webex.

3.       Screensharing is possible with CMR, but requires dialing in via SIP-URI.

4.       Somewhere along the way it was redial or another function, it would drop the right hand side of a SIP-URI.

5.       No MRA, but obviously that is top of mind for feature additions, I am sure.

When wearing my normal user hat: #1, and #2 jump out at me as critical misses. Despite those, I love the DX80. The DX70/80 really pushes the telepresence experience down to the desktop. I love the fact in a TP call I can move the video screens around by dragging or just tap twice and switch between video and presentation. In the past month that I have had my DX, I have become a video snob, and groan when a meeting isn’t a TP call.

The DX pays for itself once it has prevented 5 days of travel or less. There is no competitive advantage or anything strategic about jumping on an airplane.

Dennis Heim | Emerging Technology Architect (Collaboration)
World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 314-212-1814
[twitter]<https://twitter.com/CollabSensei>
[chat]<xmpp:dennis.heim at wwt.com>[Phone]<tel:+13142121814>[video]<sip:dennis.heim at wwt.com>
"Innovation happens on project squared" -- http://www.projectsquared.com<http://www.projectsquared.com/>

Click here to join me in my Collaboration Meeting Room<https://wwt.webex.com/meet/dennis.heim>