[cisco-voip] UCCX Virtual 9.0(2) to 10.6(1) Upgrade

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Fri Feb 20 07:26:49 EST 2015

Based on the UCCX tech note I found, I’d say the shutdown and final modifications should be made after a full switch version is performed and you’re running the upgrade release on your active partitions.

This differs from the official word from Cisco on CUCM, which is to adjust the virtual machine resources to match the OVA template specifications before the upgrade is performed. However, also according to official documentation, changing the vNIC to VMXNET3 through PowerCLI should be done post-upgrade.

Personally I’ve seen all these modifications being performed after the upgrade is completed and version switched with no negative impact whatsoever, but official documentation and TAC’s stance says the virtual machine settings should be modified first, followed by the upgrade, then wrapped up with the vNIC change to VMXNET3. I can provide documentation if needed - it seems that UCCX documentation differs.

Also don’t forget to set the OS security settings to “permissive” if you wish to auto-update the VMware Tools on the virtual machines.

- Dan