[cisco-voip] UCCX Virtual 9.0(2) to 10.6(1) Upgrade

Andrew Grech agrech88 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:01:17 EST 2015

Thanks Dan I just checked the OVAs and I do need to change the vNIC I
remember doing this for another product but it wasn't documented unlike ccx
unless I'm missing it.

My other concern is my signed certificates but I have access to the CA so
its not a game changer if I need to reissue.

I have thought about running sandbox servers up in my lab loading a drs
then upgrading. I could then disconnect the NICs of the current vms and
move the sandbox servers into production. This would provide an easy
rollback. Anyone have experience with this? Note I won't be cloning the
sandbox servers from production but rather running them up from scratch.

On 20/02/2015 10:28 PM, "Daniel Pagan" <dpagan at fidelus.com> wrote:

> Based on the UCCX tech note I found, I’d say the shutdown and final
modifications should be made after a full switch version is performed and
you’re running the upgrade release on your active partitions.

> This differs from the official word from Cisco on CUCM, which is to
adjust the virtual machine resources to match the OVA template
specifications before the upgrade is performed. However, also according to
official documentation, changing the vNIC to VMXNET3 through PowerCLI
should be done post-upgrade.

> Personally I’ve seen all these modifications being performed after the
upgrade is completed and version switched with no negative impact
whatsoever, but official documentation and TAC’s stance says the virtual
machine settings should be modified first, followed by the upgrade, then
wrapped up with the vNIC change to VMXNET3. I can provide documentation if
needed - it seems that UCCX documentation differs.

> Also don’t forget to set the OS security settings to “permissive” if you
wish to auto-update the VMware Tools on the virtual machines.

> - Dan

Andrew Grech
> Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 11:43 PM
> To: Cisco VoIP Group
> Subject: [cisco-voip] UCCX Virtual 9.0(2) to 10.6(1) Upgrade
>

> Hi,
>

> I'm preparing an upgrade of uccx 9.0(2) to 10.6(1)
>

> When would be be the best time to adjust the OVA file?
>

> I need to change the RAM and Guest OS to RHEL6 (although Guest OS change
step is not documented)

> The guide says
>
> It is highly recommended that you gracefully shut down the UCCX VMs, and
update the memory allocation to the new values after you upgrade to UCCX
Version 10.0. If memory allocation for the VM is left unchanged after the
UCCX is upgraded to Version 10.0, this warning message displays: