[cisco-voip] CCNA/CCNP Collaboration certs

Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com Zoltan.Kelemen at Emerson.com
Tue Feb 24 03:35:17 EST 2015

They are just retiring, not actually *invalidating* CCNP Voice, right?

I mean all of our CCNP Voice certificates won't go up in a puff of smoke once CCNP Collab comes out. Only that no new CCNP Voice certs would be awarded after a yet to be announced date (or has it been announced already? Anyway)

Since I've just got mine, I don't think I'll be in any rush to update to Collaboration, especially not until at least some valuable training materials are out . From my experience, I wouldn't rely on classroom training alone. So far none of the "official cisco training classes" I've attended covered *all* of the exam material.  And there's barely a synopsis for CIPTV2 out so far.

Cheers,

Zoltan Kelemen
Global Communications and Information Security
Implementation Engineering
Emerson

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ryan Huff
Sent: 17 February 2015 19:58
To: Ben Story; Charles Goldsmith
Cc: voip puck
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] CCNA/CCNP Collaboration certs

What gets me is that a CCNP Voice needs one test to upgrade to CCNP Collaboration (http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/tools/ccnp_collab/ccnp_collab_tool.html).

Really? Only one test's worth of info is what changes between Voice and Collaboration?

If you are going to retire and invalidate a credential and move to another tract altogether, then it should be a top-down revamp, not just one test of a few new questions about video.

This feels like it is nothing more than re branding/marketing; and I shouldn't have to pay for that.

My grumpy two cents,

Ryan