[cisco-voip] MediaSense Configuration

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 15:44:55 EST 2015

Correct on licensing.  Just went through this myself and it was really easy
to setup to record forked audio.  The only issue we ran into relates to
securing of the recording files.  With stand alone MediaSense, users who
need access to the recordings are added as API users in MS and have access
to ALL recordings, not just the recordings they are a party in.

In CUCM you'll create a SIP trunk to MediaSense, create route pattern
pointing to the trunk, create a recording profile with a DN to match the
route pattern.  Then enable the BIB on the phone device and under the DN
set the recording profile, recordig option and recording source on the
phone.  Make you set the source to phone preferred gateway preferred
(assuming you are using the BIB).