[cisco-voip] to "dspfarm" or not?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Feb 26 13:16:56 EST 2015

My voice gateways currently have the following setup:

!
voice-card 0
dspfarm
dsp services dspfarm
!

Now, from what I've read, the "dspfarm" command is used to invoke/enable DSP Sharing, which is strongly discouraged. And is typically used when sharing DSPs across voice cards and only for TDM ports.

In my case, I have only VWIC3s along with an ISM running CUE installed in slot 0, the same as the DSPs (see below).

>From what I gather, I don't need and should remove the "dspfarm" command from my "voice-card 0" config.

Is this correct?

NAME: "VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 - 4-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 on Slot 0 SubSlot 0", DESCR: "VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 - 4-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1"
PID: VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 , VID: V01 , SN: <snip>

NAME: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 64 Channels on Slot 0 SubSlot 4", DESCR: "PVDM3 DSP DIMM with 64 Channels"
PID: PVDM3-64 , VID: V01 , SN: <snip>

NAME: "Internal Services Module with Services Ready Engine on Slot 0", DESCR: "Internal Services Module with Services Ready Engine"
PID: ISM-SRE-300-K9 , VID: V02 , SN: <snip>

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph