[cisco-voip] Basic Jabber Deploy question

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:16:31 EST 2015

What version of Jabber are you deploying?  According to the Jabber 10.5
deployment guide, in Phone Only mode, there's only three ways to set the
TFTP server info, none of which are DNS SRV based:

*Specify TFTP Servers in Phone Mode*
If you deploy the client in phone mode you can provide the address of the
TFTP server as follows:

   - Users manually enter the TFTP server address when they start the
   client.
   - You specify the TFTP server address during installation with the TFTP
   argument.
   - You specify the TFTP server address in the Microsoft Windows registry.

*Source: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01001.html#CJAB_TK_SB10BC4C_00
<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01001.html#CJAB_TK_SB10BC4C_00>*

Did I miss something and phone only mode can discover TFTP via DNS SRV
despite what the documentation states?  I've never deployed phone only
mode, so I really don't know for sure.  I'm just going by what the doc says.