[cisco-voip] CCX 8.5 outbound IVR

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Wed Jan 7 22:13:14 EST 2015

Hi Erick,

1. The campaign management APIs were introduced in 10.0 that allow for management of the dialing list through the REST configuration APIs (page 50 of https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/bf325c6f-a1a0-485d-88a1-10b612ff59e7) But, in 8.5, the upload is still manual.

2. You can use the Get URL Document step in 8.5 but this has some limitations. In 10.0, we introduced a Make REST Call step (page 203 of http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_0/programming/guide/SeriesVol2.pdf).

3. For Predictive and Progressive (as opposed to Preview) outbound dialer modes, you must use a gateway that speaks SIP on one side and a TDM technology on the other (like PRI). UCCX INVITEs the GW directly and the GW must have DSPs in it in order to run Call Progress Analysis (CPA) to determine if it is live voice or answering machine or SITT. Once the CPA result is passed back to UCCX, UCCX REFERs the call via the GW to CUCM and it looks like an inbound call through CUCM to UCCX from that point on (from a call processing perspective). The PRI doesn’t have to be dedicated, that is for you to decide based on call volume and dial peer configuration on the GW, but it cannot be MGCP controlled.

HTH.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services
Direct: +1 919 392 9898
Hours: M - F 9:00am - 5:00pm Eastern Time