[cisco-voip] off-net and on-net classification of route patterns and gateways

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jan 27 16:58:44 EST 2015

Thanks Peter. That one slipped my mind as well. I guess, for all intents and purposes, on-net is really when it's an enterprise system, regardless of how it gets from side to side.

Would have to consider all of this when marking them on-net vs off-net.

One thing I do recall, when connecting our PBX, is because we didn't have CDRs enabled on our PBX, is that we had to plug in the extension of the PBX phone into the equivalent external calling mask field, because this was what being marked in the CallManager CDRs.

I suspect the on-net vs off-net affects how CDRs are cut as well and what number is shown to the called party.

I'm going to test extension to extension dialing tomorrow to see how that plays through.

I'm thinking more and more that everything should be marked as on-net, and then the off-campus calls are marked off-net when they finally get off.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure