[cisco-voip] Jabber for Windows 11.0 and Click to Dial in Word/Excel (Smart Tags)

Jesse King (jesking) jesking at cisco.com
Thu Jul 23 10:05:07 EDT 2015

Hi ,

No, you highlight, then do the shortcut. Have you tried it? In excel if your cursor is in the cell, and you do ctrl+shift+j, it places the whole cell into the jabber call/search bar.

This works in all apps now.

Use application dial rules to deal with the dial plan if needed, you should be doing this to ease the pain for what your end users are complaining about.

The smarttag is an issue in office products as it changes from us to international versions, if I remember correctly.

Good luck.