[cisco-voip] multiple devices and Jabber

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jun 11 10:11:36 EDT 2015

So, from what I gather, it seems like you can only use one of each device type when deploying Jabber, or at least at one time.

So if I wanted to have two iPhones (for whatever reason) and have them both registered and able to receive calls, it doesn't seem like the current Jabber implementation supports that.

Am I missing something?

I mean, granted, it's not likely that someone will have two iPhones, but it's possible, you know, during upgrades, new phones, etc. More of an issue is that the tablet device config is the same for iPad and Android tablet. I see that as being more likely to happen.

Also, the documentation states that a person can only have one remote destination at a time. Not sure why the limitation. With single number reach, the user could have plenty.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph