[cisco-voip] calls to uccx trigger fail after enabling dns clients on cucm

Countryman, Edward Edward.Countryman at PresenceHealth.org
Thu Jun 18 14:58:30 EDT 2015

Hello,  We’ve run into a very odd problem which I want to share and see if anyone might have any insight to share..

Let me describe the situation:

-New cucm 10.5.2 cluster, set up with DNS client enabled. (domain is:  mycompanyname.net)
-New uccx 10.6.1 server (still in demo mode) setup and integrated with the new cucm cluster.  DNS client enabled.  (domain is: mycompanyname.net)

When a phone (registered to new cucm cluster) calls a trigger on new uccx server it fails IF THE PHONE HAS mycompanyname.net as the domain name indicated..

HOWEVER:  if we change the domain name to something else, even something fake like BOGUS.NET, then calls complete normally.

I don’t understand what could be happening here, any ideas?