[cisco-voip] Cisco custom exsi or vmware standard image for UCS C240

Kevin Przybylowski kevinp at advancedtsg.com
Mon Mar 2 08:41:54 EST 2015

Cisco custom image.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Rajkumar Yadav
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2015 8:27 AM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] Cisco custom exsi or vmware standard image for UCS C240

Hello,

Please help with below query.

I have the UCSC-C240-M3S2 server and it would be without the EXSI pre configured.

(2.4 GHz E5-2609/80W 4C/10MB Cache/DDR3 1066MHz)

Basically we bought it for Media sense to record calls for agents.

Also we have order the below license for EXSI.

VMW-VS5-STD-1A

VMware vSphere 5 Standard (1 CPU), 1yr, Support Required

CON-ISV1-VS5STD1A

ISV 24X7 VMware vSphere Standard, List Price is ANNUAL

Now question here should i install the vmware standard exsi image or cisco custom image.

(Cisco Custom Image for VMware ESXi 5.1.0 U3 GA Install CD)

Does it impact with Cisco UCS TRC

Also i would be running PCD on this server just to do the migration which would be deleted later.

Regards,
Raaj