[cisco-voip] Cisco custom exsi or vmware standard image for UCS C240

NateCCIE nateccie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:46:35 EST 2015

It comes with the drivers.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Rajkumar Had av
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2015 8:29 AM
To: Kevin Przybylowski
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Cisco custom exsi or vmware standard image for UCS C240

Thanks Kevin,

Please let me know the detail as why?

Will PCD won't have any issue.

Regards,

Raaj

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2015, at 17:41, Kevin Przybylowski <kevinp at advancedtsg.com> wrote:

Cisco custom image.

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Rajkumar Yadav
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2015 8:27 AM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net <mailto:cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>

Hello,

Please help with below query.

I have the UCSC-C240-M3S2 server and it would be without the EXSI pre configured.

(2.4 GHz E5-2609/80W 4C/10MB Cache/DDR3 1066MHz)

Basically we bought it for Media sense to record calls for agents.

Also we have order the below license for EXSI.

VMW-VS5-STD-1A

VMware vSphere 5 Standard (1 CPU), 1yr, Support Required

CON-ISV1-VS5STD1A

ISV 24X7 VMware vSphere Standard, List Price is ANNUAL

Now question here should i install the vmware standard exsi image or cisco custom image.

(Cisco Custom Image for VMware ESXi 5.1.0 U3 GA Install CD)

Does it impact with Cisco UCS TRC

Also i would be running PCD on this server just to do the migration which would be deleted later.

Regards,

Raaj