[cisco-voip] Setting admin password on SX20 registered to CUCM - Can't set from CUCM device page

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:59:08 EDT 2015

I have CUCM 10.5.2

SX20 with 7.3.1 code.

SX20 is registered successfully to CUCM. I can change the display name, the
extension etc.. "apply changes" from CUCM and the endpoint learns of the
changes and looks correct. So I'm guessing its properly downloading its
config file and applying settings.

On the SX20 device page in CUCM admin there is a section about 3/4 of the
way down called "Admin username and password"

It would seem to imply that the endpoint admin username and password can be
set in CUCM and pushed down to the endpoint.

This is not working for me. It doesn't update.  Does anyone know if this is
really supported ?

I can set it fine directly from the web interface of the endpoint like
usual.