[cisco-voip] Setting admin password on SX20 registered to CUCM - Can't set from CUCM device page

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Mar 17 13:14:32 EDT 2015

Rob is right on. You must use encrypted config files for TC endpoints to take passwords from UCM.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2015, at 11:54 AM, Rob Dawson <rdawson at force3.com<mailto:rdawson at force3.com>> wrote:

It doesn’t push that down, it has to match what is provisioned on the endpoint for some functionality though – here is an excerpt from the “Cisco Telepresence Endpoints and CUCM” quick reference guide:

> Admin username and password section.
Configure the product specific configuration layout settings
as appropriate.
Admin Username: Set the username. Must be admin if
using a Secure Profile in CUCM; or must match the value
set on the endpoint if you are using Cisco TelePresence
Manager (CTS-MAN).
Admin Password: Set the password. Set to the desired
value if using a Secure Profile in CUCM; or match
the value set on the endpoint if you are using Cisco
TelePresence Manager (CTS-MAN).
NOTE: When the TelePresence endpoint is set up with
an encrypted security profile, the endpoint will read the
admin password from the CUCM. The password can not
be blank and the user name must be admin.
NOTE: The admin username and password set on CUCM
must match the system password set on the endpoint in
order for the Cisco TelePresence Manager (CTS-MAN)
to discover the endpoint and provide One Button to Push
scheduling to them.