[cisco-voip] Migration strategy

秀王 kiwi.voice at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 21:14:45 EDT 2015

Currently the client have avaya and cisco linked together using SIP.

Cisco UCM cluster have users in the production environment.

I'm are going to cutover more sites from avaya to cisco. Is it possible to
preconfigure the users, extension number (let's say 87XXX range), phones
and the user device profiles in advance?

I'm thinking that if I preconfigure those information, the cucm will think
that those extension number (87XXX) are local and unregistered.

Is there a way to make CUCM thinks that in order to reach 87XXX range, it
will still reach out to Avaya using the SIP trunk? Is there any setting in
the route pattern can do that?

I thinking that CUCM will always find a more "exact" match locally instead
of through other source like translation pattern or route pattern.