[cisco-voip] Translation Profile out on voice port

Ahmed Elnagar ahmed_elnagar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 18 17:27:32 EDT 2015

Hi all;

It has been a very long time since I posted to the mailing list but you are
always the "gateway of last resort" to find an expert reply :)

I was testing voice translation rules on a VGW with the below setup

I want someone to be able to call extensions "1XXX" from a site connected
back to back to another site using E1 0/3/0 "H323 GW with CUCM in each
site".I know I could do it with a simple forward-digits all under the pots
dial-peer in order for the router to send 1XXX in the ISDN setup insetead of
sending XXX.

I am trying to verify the concept of translation profiles but I am having a
strange issue, for the below call the pots dial-peer is matched as an
outgoing dial-peer but as soon as this happens the debugs shows that the
router check if there is a tx profile on the voice port "before making the
digit strip" and translate the number and then make a dial-peer match again
and then go out of the voice port.is that a normal behavior? My expectation
is that the dial-peer should be matched first then apply digit strip and at
the exit from the E1 interface translation profile to be applied.

I cannot find any document that explains this part or document this
approach.any ideas?

Below is my configuration

Voice translation rule 1

Rule 1 /^0../ /1\0/

Voice translation profile PSTN_OUT

translate called 1

voice-port 0/3/0:15

translation-profile outgoing PSTN_OUT

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 1.

port 0/3/0:15

Regards,

Ahmed Elnagar | Networking Consultant | CCIE #24697, Voice