[cisco-voip] Translation Profile out on voice port

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Wed Mar 18 23:07:50 EDT 2015

Ahmed -

Not sure if I completely follow but are you concerned about the order of operations for digit manipulation in IOS? If you are then I would say your expectation would be correct with digit manipulation in IOS occurring in the following steps and in the following order:

incoming voice-port
incoming dial-peer
num-exp
outgoing dial-peer
egress voice-port

But after reading your email again it looks like you're more referring to the digit stripping that's inherent to POTS DPs... I'd have to test this to confirm but I would imagine the digit stripping would also occur first at the POTS outbound dial-peer level once matched, then voice translation would apply to the [potentially] stripped called party number. Are you saying the dial-peer digit stripping is occurring *after* the voice-port-level voice translation is applied?

- Dan