[cisco-voip] Extension that hangs up on the user?

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Wed Mar 18 23:03:43 EDT 2015

On 19/03/15 10:47, Anthony Holloway wrote:
> Have you seen this post?  I'm not sure if it applies to your environment
> or not, but I thought I'd throw it your way anyway.
>
> https://greiginsydney.com/hey-um-dont-record-messages-im-on-holidays/

I did come across it when searching, but it looks like it needs Exchange
2010 or 2013 as I don't see the "Allow users to configure call answering
rules" checkboxes on our 2007 server. Also it doesn't seem to hang up on
the user, just leaves them in a menu.

We did have something similar before, just a recording of the hangup
tone, but that was a little bit obnoxious IMHO.

Thanks,

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer