[cisco-voip] (no subject)

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:28:33 EDT 2015

Has anyone successfully expanded the virtual disk size of CUCM VMs without
rebuild/DRS?

I have an install where CM 10.5 is using the 2500 user template and we want
to increase to 7500 users.  The 2500 OVA is 1 vCPU, 4GB, 1x80GB.    The
7500 OVA is 2vCPU, 6 GB, 1x110GB.    In the past, the older 7500 user CM
versions had two virtual 80 GB disks, however since 9.1 the 7500 user is a
single 110 GB disk.   It seems like with a single virtual disk it would be
easier to expand an existing VM without rebuild.

There are several bugs on the topic:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug63058

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc58936

In older CM versions there was a COP file to assist with allowing the VM to
use more disk when the vdisk was increased.  However, now I believe that it
is just built in to CM to use more disk on reboots if it detects a vdisk
change instead of needing to run the OVA.

There is still conflicting documentation on the topic, so I will probably
open a TAC case but curious if anyone has dealt with this before?

Justin