[cisco-voip] (no subject)

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Mar 20 09:50:08 EDT 2015

There are bugs that have been found and fixed so yes somebody has tried it :)

If you are unsure test it in on a dummy vm first.

-Ryan

On Mar 20, 2015, at 9:28 AM, Justin Steinberg <jsteinberg at gmail.com<mailto:jsteinberg at gmail.com>> wrote:

Has anyone successfully expanded the virtual disk size of CUCM VMs without rebuild/DRS?

I have an install where CM 10.5 is using the 2500 user template and we want to increase to 7500 users.  The 2500 OVA is 1 vCPU, 4GB, 1x80GB.    The 7500 OVA is 2vCPU, 6 GB, 1x110GB.    In the past, the older 7500 user CM versions had two virtual 80 GB disks, however since 9.1 the 7500 user is a single 110 GB disk.   It seems like with a single virtual disk it would be easier to expand an existing VM without rebuild.

There are several bugs on the topic:
https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug63058
https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuc58936

In older CM versions there was a COP file to assist with allowing the VM to use more disk when the vdisk was increased.  However, now I believe that it is just built in to CM to use more disk on reboots if it detects a vdisk change instead of needing to run the OVA.

There is still conflicting documentation on the topic, so I will probably open a TAC case but curious if anyone has dealt with this before?

Justin