[cisco-voip] (failure) Technotes: How to block Incoming calls in CUCM 8.x based on ANI with MGCP gateway

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Sun Mar 22 21:45:13 EDT 2015

How do I block calls and keep this telemarketer from calling me all day?  In the past I always said sorry call your telephone company and report it, or file a complaint on the FCC website etc.  The 100 translation-rule limit didn't scale.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/77241/technotes-how-block-incoming-calls-cucm-8x-based-ani-mgcp-gateway
I attempted this in CUCM 8.5.1.13900-5 with no luck. Seems any Enterprise level customer this won't work.
1.      CTI Redirects not working (Attendant Console, UCCX, and Emergency Responder) just as others in the comments noted. I swear this is the 4th time I've encountered this. Always with UCCX. Always the Gateway CSS not having direct access to CTI Route Point or CTI Ports. Figured I would have learned my lesson by now.
2.      Doesn't work if Globalization enabled under Device > Gateway (puts that +1 for National, + for Intl calls, etc. in the Missed Calls, Placed Calls, Received Calls in the Directory for easy callback) causes Digit Analysis to fail in 8.5.1.13900-5.  I used \+!  as well in my Translation Patterns etc. Opened TAC case to review why. Seems \+! should have worked. Perhaps something specific in 8.5.1.13900-5 ?  Haven't tested it in newer 10.5.2 (yet).
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D064E9.2EF30360]
I backed out and stayed with my old-school IOS solution; but it's can't store enough numbers. Will the number of IOS translation-rules be increased in a future release beyond 100?  Is there already a PERS request to increase the number beyond 100?
voice translation-rule 777
rule 1 reject /^7166132291/
rule 2 reject /^7169802150/
!
voice translation-profile blockedNumbers
translate calling 777
dial-peer voice 1 pots
trunkgroup PRI
call-block translation-profile incoming blockedNumbers
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
!
TAC SR 634192979 has traces attached.