[cisco-voip] Collaboration Suite v9 with AD2008 with AD2012 schema update (mixed mode)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Mar 24 10:35:19 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Our identity management team has asked about running our AD in mixed mode, which would allow them to have 2012 controllers along with 2008 controllers. However, this requires the 2008 controllers to have the 2012 schema updates applied.

The data sheets show only AD 2008 support, and nothing about mixed mode support.

I've got a call into our account team to try and see what support options (if any) are available, but I wanted to ask the list about this.

Is anyone out there running v9 software, e.g. CUCM, Connection, CUPS/IM&P, etc, and synchronizing/authenticating against a mixed mode AD environment, specifically that which I mention above?

Was anyone able to get "engineering approval" or whatever they call special approval for special configs for this?

Thanks!

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.