[cisco-voip] 7841 SIP Phone audio issues on some calls

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:10:47 EDT 2015

This is fixed, it turned out be the 10.1 7841 firmware.  Upgraded to
latest 10.2 7841 SIP firmware and all those odd calling and audio
issues with the few problem numbers are resolved.

I had went out to the site with another model SIP phone which the
calls worked on so isolated it down to the 7841s pretty quick in
person.
The debugs looked fine, sendrecv and I had TAC also involved who found
no issue in the debugs or CUCM traces or configuration.

Was on load sip78xx.10-1-1SR1-4 , now latest 10.2 load from November 2014.

I think 10.5.1.10000-7 (10.5.1 flat, no SUs) comes with the
10.1.1.SR1-4 load so watch out if you load 10.5.1 without patching.