[cisco-voip] Static MAC address assignment for coresident PLM?

Dave Goodwin dave.goodwin at december.net
Wed Mar 25 18:54:24 EDT 2015

Hello, I have only recently started dealing with PLM. For one large
deployment, it made some sense to build a standalone PLM virtual machine.
Following the documentation, I spun up the VM from the PLM 10.5 OVA, and
modified the vNIC MAC address to a static value before the installation of
the software.

For another upcoming small deployment, it makes no sense to build a
standalone PLM, so I was planning to use the PLM instance that gets
installed on the UCM 10.5 publisher. Is it also required to use a static
MAC address in this case? I didn't see anything about this in the UCM
installation documents, and the only reference to this I could find in the
PLM installation documents mentioned only standalone installations:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051_chapter_01.html#CPLM_TK_I7706464_00

Thanks,
Dave