[cisco-voip] CUBE High Availability Configuration Question

Steve Siltman steve.siltman at assurant.com
Thu Mar 26 10:57:07 EDT 2015

In a CUBE HA configuration, would it be wise to use a different local router for DSPFarm Profiles?  I would like to know what others are doing.  It looks like I need a loopback address on each of the CUBEs so that Call Manager can talk to them directly without using the virtual ip interface.  Otherwise the SCCP Media Resources will only register with Call Manager on the active side.  I'm going to test this but was wondering if the calls will fail over successfully between the CUBEs if using an MTP from another local router?

Also wondering if putting CFB's on the CUBEs using loopbacks is possible.  Knowing that conference calls will drop during a cube failure.

My problem is that I don't have extra hardware DSP's on other routers but can find a router for software mtp profiles.  Anyone else playing with this?

Thanks,

Steve

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.