[cisco-voip] CUBE and LTI for MTPs

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:52:32 EDT 2015

Ok, time to take a step back and appreciate the situation I just found
myself in.

You were absolutely correct.  I lab'd this up just now and my mouth is a
gape.  I've been doing and teaching the MTP method for UCCX for like 4
years now, and not once have I ever had anyone correct me.  Not in the
countless conversations I've had, TAC cases, etc.  It's like I've been in
the Truman show and everyone knew but me, but didn't want to tell me.

This is what it looked like when I had RTP-NTE on both ITSP and CUCM facing
DP's.  Note the 10.U.C.M address is because the MTP is software on CUCM.

CUBE#sh voip rtp conn | in 10\.
2     20591      20590      16434    30492  10.U.B.E
         10.U.C.M

CUBE#sh call active voice | in Dtmf
tx_DtmfRelay=rtp-nte
tx_DtmfRelay=rtp-nte

I changed my CUCM facing DP's to sip-kpml and then it changes to this.
Note the change to 10.C.C.X because no MTP is needed.  And I pushed buttons
to validate, and it worked.

CUBE#sh voip rtp conn | in 10\.
2     20579      20578      16430    26404  10.U.B.E
         10.C.C.X

CUBE#sh call active voice | in Dtmf
tx_DtmfRelay=rtp-nte
tx_DtmfRelay=sip-kpml

Damn.  I'm happy I posted the question, even though it wasn't the answer I
was expecting.  Thanks Brian, I owe you a beer.