[cisco-voip] CUBE and LTI for MTPs

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:54:26 EDT 2015

After reading a bit more in the CUCM SRND, I see that SIP INFO is not
supported by CUCM, and furthermore, Cisco's preferred OOB method is KPML.

"Out-of-band (OOB) SIP DTMF signalling methods include Unsolicited Notify
(UN), Information
(INFO), and Key Press Mark-up Language (KPML). KPML (RFC 4730) is the OOB
signalling method
preferred by Cisco and is supported by Cisco Unified CM, Cisco IOS
platforms (Release 12.4 and later),
and most models of Cisco Unified IP Phones. INFO is not supported by
Unified CM."
Source:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/trunks.html#pgfId-1346554

With that said, according to the link you provided on CUBE and DTMF
inter-working, it would appear as though the only option which remains is
SIP NOTIFY.  This method requires the SIP Trunk Security Profile to have
the Accept unsolicited notification checkbox checked.

I did test with KPML, and CUBE did inter-work it.  My IOS/CUBE version is
as follows:

*CUBE#sh cube status | in Version*
*CUBE-Version : 10.0.2*
*SW-Version : 15.4.3.M2, Platform CISCO2921/K9*

I think I'll go with KPML for now, and thank you for helping me to see the
light.