[cisco-voip] Hardware for UC

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:48:27 EDT 2015

Scott,

(Disclaimer: I work for Nutanix now)

The specs based server support as documented on the Cisco DocWiki gives a
world of flexibility when choosing infrastructure.

A hyperconverged solution like Nutanix that Brian mentioned could provide a
lot of the benefits of shared storage while serving hot data from a local
flash and memory tier to provide blazing fast storage performance. It would
eliminate the SAN controller bottleneck you mentioned. Each Nutanix node is
a local storage controller.

We've had Nutanix customers provisioning Cisco UC (and contact center)
clusters with stellar performance.

Take a look at some blog posts I wrote as well as a best practices guide
for Cisco UC on Nutanix:

Best Practices Guide with example deployments:
http://go.nutanix.com/bpg-cisco-unified-communications.html

Personal blog posts:
http://bbbburns.com/blog/2014/12/nutanix-and-uc-part-1-introduction-and-overview/
http://bbbburns.com/blog/2015/01/nutanix-and-uc-part-2-cisco-virtualization-requirements/