[cisco-voip] FXS Ring Cadence

Jon Shay tucsonwireless at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:58:24 EDT 2015

I have an interesting issue with an FXS line provided by Verizon where the
line provides a continuous ring instead of a cadence (for lack of a better
term). I've verified this with a test set. The problem this is causing is
the FXO port does not want to pick up the line since the ringing never
stops. I guess it's interpreting the ring as an off-hook condition instead.

Aside from contacting Verizon to resolve the ring cadence is there anything
on my side that I can do to get the port to understand what to do? Running
UCM 9.x on Cisco 3945 with a EM-HDA-6FXO card on a slot on
a EVM-HD-8FXS/DID.

--
Jon