[cisco-voip] MGCP Odd issue

Wes Sisk (wsisk) wsisk at cisco.com
Tue May 26 15:33:55 EDT 2015

a couple things here -

you say MGCP.. if using MGCP and d-channel bachaul then it is CCM’s ISDN stack in use. Where did you see the error “mandatory IE missing?” if it was with debugs on the gateway then it may have been generated by the gateway’s ISDN stack.

each isdn ‘switch type’ has subtle nuances in implementation. the right answer really depends on what physical equipment the telco is using as well as how they have the d-ch provisioned on their end.

it could be the telco changed config. or they might have upgraded the switch. or you may have started using a different call flow that added/removed IE’s.

also possible that a lingering reset/restart was not applied on the UCM side (CSCtw80866    Reset Required flag in CCMAdmin for any device/trunk that has been )

-w