[cisco-voip] LDAP Sync question - adding LDAP sync to existing CM Cluster

Hefin James [ahj] ahj at aber.ac.uk
Wed May 27 07:24:12 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

We've just upgraded to CM 10.5.2, and the next thing I want to do is enable LDAP sync for users.

The question I want to ask is what happens to existing users set via CM.
Matching users will get data overwritten by LDAP, and account converted to LDAP account.
What happens to users that are not matched with LDAP during the initial sync, do they remain as locally administered accounts?
The more I read the more conflicting information I get about the 'non matching' users.

Thanks,
Hefin