[cisco-voip] CUCM Upgrade failure...

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Wed Nov 18 09:31:51 EST 2015

Hi Jonathan,

Glad to hear a reboot on the publisher seems to have fixed your initial issue, I thought it might. You never know with reboots on those old MCS boxes though, so having a good DRS and recover plan prior is key.

I suspect, and if you are so inclined, "show hardware" on the CLI of that pub would show that write-cache is enabled once again.

Regarding the failure to connect to subscribers; one of the metrics used during UCOS installation to determine connectivity and reachability is response time and network visibility.  So if something takes to long to respond, the installer will say it isn't reachable but you can choose to ignore and installation will continue. Any latency deficit may, and likely will, cause issues in the cluster post install, but you can still complete the installation.

Another thought would be visibility, if the installer can't see all the hops between nodes (assuming nodes are on different segments) it will say it can't connect during installation but you can choose to ignore and installation will continue. Routing may work just fine between the nodes but the installer will error if there are blind hops between nodes or it can't see the complete end to end path between nodes (a traceroute between nodes is a quick way to check). This is another item that may cause issues post install.

-Ryan

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device