[cisco-voip] ldaps authentication

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:16:37 EDT 2015

Circling around for posterity, our particular solution here was to create a
new virtual hostname on F5 that has a FQDN cert signed with our internal
CA, which CUCM already had as a tomcat-trust. Changing the existing
hostname cert was going to be a management nightmare.

The issue with CUCM versions was that the 10.5.2 release did not check
hostname for authentication which was classified as a bug, and fixed in the
SU we ended up loading on production (lesson learned).

Still no idea why dirsync still worked with the original wild-card cert
maybe another bug.

Ed Leatherman