[cisco-voip] Video Architecture

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 10:26:08 EDT 2015

Does this list, being labeled "VoIP" and not "Voice", include Video in the
"V", or is the "V" for Voice only?  A bit of tongue-in-cheek there, but I
think you know what I mean.

With every day that passes, I feel like, as a Voice Engineer, I am being
asked to know and implement Video more and more.

>From CUCM taking on more of the video call control (just about 100% now,
no?), to video being a part of the CCIE Collab (to some degree, don't flame
me for mentioning it), the line between voice and video engineering roles
is blurring.

I know there has been quite a bit of Expressway talk on here this year, but
I don't think I've explicitly read a thread which was 100% focused on video
technology.  What's the direction you see these two technologies heading,
and should/could this list serve as both a Voice and Video discussion group?