[cisco-voip] UCCx 10.6 CAD vs Finesse

Brian V bvanbens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:04:09 EDT 2015

My last upgrade was to UCCX 10.6 and I did play with both CAD and Finesse
at the same time a little bit.
Customer was CAD before the upgrade and kept using CAD at first while we
got Finesse up and tested.
Another member posted-the link to the docs that mention it.

Just installing 10.6.1 doesn't enable Finesse with CAD, you need to install
a COP file as well which requires a reboot.
Also don't forget that you still need to enable finesse at the CLI and that
also requires a reboot.

Cisco's docs say that you have to migrate entire "teams" at once.  Where
team is the desktop term for grouping of agents with a supervisor and not
actual skills that effect call routing.

I'm not sure if there is negative affect if not moving the entire team over
at once.

In my testing i used an agent and supervisor login that were previously
defined as CAD users and logged into finesse with them while the rest of
the team was logged in with CAD/CSD. What I found is that from the agent
point of view I was able to change state just fine and take calls.  From
the supervisor side it also seems to generally show agent state of the CAD
users.

During this test the CAD supervisor (CSD) could not see any status about my
agent logged in via Finesse. It was as if the agent was not logged in at
all.

I wish Cisco could be a be a little more specific about what exactly won't
work if members of the same team are running both CAD and Finesse at the
same time.

For example if Cisco said that CSD and Finesses supervisors would show
inconsistent or incorrect data until all members are on Finesse but it
wouldn't affect call routing that would be very useful information.

This would mean that I would feel comfortable moving a team from CAD to
Finesse, user by user, during the first few hours of a business day instead
of a flash cut of all users  first thing in the morning.

Anyone else try running them both at the same time in a limited fashion ?