[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 10.5.2 Split Brain Recovery

Daniel Pagan dpagan at fidelus.com
Wed Oct 28 14:09:00 EDT 2015

Just a heads up, Cisco recommendation for CUCM is that NTP stratum should be 3 or better to avoid DB replication issues.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118718-technote-cucm-00.html

“Stratum level should be less than 4 on publisher for optimal performance”

CUC documentation isn’t very clear on this specifically - CUC 10x docs mention stratum 9 or better but that sounds wrong IMO.

I would follow the same recommendation documented for CUCM (stratum 3 or better) on CUC.

HTH

- Dan