[cisco-voip] Caller ID

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Fri Oct 30 13:02:46 EDT 2015

Caller ID will normally survive call-forwarding, unless you are rewriting it somewhere. In which case, the solution is to not do that, as Matthew explained.

There's a good chance you are already sending the correct caller ID (check out the debug isdn q931 on your gateway to confirm). But since you sent a number that you don't own, your carrier is rewriting it to your main PRI number. This is very common behaviour for carriers.

With my carrier, the magic phrase I had to ask for was for them to "remove the screening tables." There was no cost, but to protect themselves from liability, they required my corporate treasurer to sign a letter saying that we promise not to mess up caller ID of 911 calls. After that they allow us to send whatever caller ID we want.

-mn