[cisco-voip] UCM physical 8.6.2 to VM 10.5

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 15:44:31 EDT 2015

I've been looking through the list to find some more answers, but i'm
really looking for real world experience.

We plan to use PCD to upgrade our CM from MCS servers on 8.6.2 to VM's on
10.5.  Sounds like this is a pretty easy way to go.  Can someone confirm or
deny.  What are some pitfalls?

It's been two years since I went to cisco live so my knowledge is a bit
dated.

when it comes to licensing, what should I be doing before, during, and
after?  I remember something about drive to 9 or 10 and having to do some
stuff before, but I don't remember.  Anyone have some real world experience
doing the 8.6 to 10.x licensing?  We are 99% EM.  Running mainly 7961
phones.

TIA

Scott