[cisco-voip] Feature Request to fix Licensing issues with EM

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Thu Sep 17 15:30:28 EDT 2015

Scott,

The DLU <-> CUWL license model change was and continues to be a significant change for customers; no arguments there.

However, once you make it to the other side, the CUWL licensing model makes a lot more sense and is ultimately easier to manage and predict usage. Having said that; there are techniques you can use to make the 'true-up' (associating devices to users) process a little less painful.

For instance, you can use BAT to export a user list and device list. By using Excel pivot tables and a little join magic you can usually come up with a device re-import that will slap user associations on the devices (beats clicking through 1,000+ devices in GUI). If you have IM & Presence, you could do something similar for line ownership (needed for line presence).

Thanks,

Ryan