[cisco-voip] Smart Call Home on CUCM 10.5 and DNS

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Thu Sep 24 14:51:02 EDT 2015

By setting the domain, all certificates will be regenerated to put the new
FQDN in the certs.  Setting the domain will force a CUCM reboot.  If you
have more than one node, you're pretty safe to let all phones re-register
and use another node's TVS to validate the new certs from the other node.
You definitely don't want to do more than one server at a time.

The way I do it to be extra safe is enable the Rollback to Pre-8.x
Enterprise Parameter which resets all phones giving them a blank ITL.  You
can then set the domain on each servers and have them reboot.  Once they're
all back online, disable the Rollback which will reset all of the phones
again and give them the new ITLs with the updated certs.

Any phones not connected during this process will have ITL issues and the
ITLs will need to be manually deleted or deleted via a 3rd party tool such
as Phone View from UnifiedFX.