[cisco-voip] Unity 10.5.2 "promote" subscriber

Natambu Obleton nobleton at fasttrackcomm.net
Wed Apr 13 11:20:37 EDT 2016

Thank you for the reply. I read some more on the split brain and I think I will just create a new publisher and push the db from the subscriber(utils cuc cluster renegotiate). I do have a recent backup, but I don't want the restore the weeks old voicemails to avoid more confusion that this has already started.

The reason the Publisher went down was because the VM Host was having raid array issues that was causing the storage to temporarily go away, on my other linux vm's this caused the filesystem to into read-only modes. Before we know about the array issue it looks to us like the publisher was locking up, so we left it down for a day to look into it and then it was brought up split brain, but we didn't find that out until later when users complained about MWI lights, but no voicemails. Meaning they VM huntgroup was hitting the publisher, but the subscriber was holding the voicemail and sending the MWI. So we shutdown the pub and quickly we lost 2 disks out of the raid5, but I was able to clone the VM to a new host before this happened. We fixed the VM host, but other fires burned hotter so we didn't get back to replacing the publisher until later than expected.

--

Natambu Obleton
CISSP #370414 CCIE #38491