[cisco-voip] Latest news and issues - does this help?

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Wed Dec 14 17:53:48 EST 2016

Anthony,
AFAIK, that’s not to say not to trust the document. It’s probably required by their lawyers to say “This document isn’t your scapegoat if you break something” and “This doesn’t mean you don’t have to follow the normal TAC procedures.” As well as the possible “This document may or may not be complete”
The information in it is still valid, and still a reliable source, but it’s not foolproof and that’s what that statement is meant to cover. It’s a CYA line.

Ben Amick
Telecom Analyst

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Anthony Holloway
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:49 PM
To: Abhiram Kramadhati (akramadh) <akramadh at cisco.com>
Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Latest news and issues - does this help?

This disclaimer makes me sad:

"Note: This document is not an official Cisco document nor is a replacement of any regular support processes"

I mean, if I cannot trust this document, which is on cisco.com<http://cisco.com>, and written by a Cisco employee, then what is the point in referring to it?

It reminds me of the disclaimer in PCD when doing upgrades, and its all like "you still have to read all the release notes and upgrade guides as if you were doing the upgrade normally."  Oh great, so now, not only did I not save myself any time planning this upgrade, but I also now have to install PCD, read the install guide, release note and admin guide.  How is that helping me?

Could you go through the process of getting this document, or one like it, endorsed by whoever needs to, so that we can have it be official?  Perhaps that means not having it be a blog post, but instead it's on the product support page.