[cisco-voip] Allowing (or not) calls through IVR

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:33:33 EST 2016

You don't really list enough requirements, such as types of calls,
reporting ability, scale, or authentication mechanism.

However, UCCX is probably the quickest and easiest way to implement this.
You probably already have a 5 seat enhanced license with your purchase of
CUCM, if you're not using it already.  That will give you at least 100 IVR
Ports, if not more, depending on your server platform and OVA choice (up to
400).  Just make sure your phones cannot reach the patterns directly, but
that your UCCX CTI Ports can.

You would authenticate CUCM end users with a username spelled on the
keypad, and a PIN (the same one used for Extension Mobility), and then ask
them for the number they want to dial.  You might have to normalize the
number first.  I.e., +E164.

Something like this pseudo code should get you started.

---Variables---
User the_user = null
String the_pin = null
String the_number = null

---Script---
Start
the_user = Name to User()

Successful

the_pin = Get Digit String()

Successful

Authenticate User(the_user, the_pin)

Successful

the_number = Get Digit String()

Successful

Call Redirect(the_number)

Successful

Set Enterprise Info (CCV1=the_user, CCV2=the_number)

Busy

Invalid

Unsuccessful

Timeout