[cisco-voip] MOH with CUBE

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:47:44 EST 2016

I'm working on getting a SIP trunk with an ITSP fully functional. I can get
basic calls ok but Unicast MOH is not working out - no audio. Going
off-hold i get the call audio back.

Quick packet cap on the CUBE confirms i'm getting MOH packets from CUCM but
they don't make it across CUBE out to the SP.

For the re-INVITE to get the music audio, CUCM is sending SDP with:
m=audio 4000 RTP/AVP 0

>From the packet cap, the audio packets are not being sourced from port 4000
- they are coming in from ephemeral ports. Could this be causing an issue
with CUBE not translating the streams?

The reason I ask is that I noticed a bug out there CSCtb32219
<https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss?searchType=bstbugidsearch&page=bstBugDetail&BugID=CSCtb32219>
for
ASR1K which seems close, in my case this is a 4431 (Also ios-xe) running
15.5(1)S. Anyone run into that? The workaround is to enable duplex
streaming in CUCM, which seems a little goofy.

I dont feel like I have anything special configured on CUBE:
voice service voip
 ip address trusted list
  ipv4 blahblahblah
 address-hiding